Thursday, March 18, 2010

bookstore table top


made dis during january for da bookstore. da woodgrain's is all contact papers i bought at family dollar and lowe's.

coated top with modge podge (when i should have just used elmer's glue and water. lot cheaper. same thing.) and then a water-based low-odor clear acrylic sealant by minwax called Polycrylic.

i stole the wavy line pattern from a napkin.
like the time when i was 10. i had my parents copy, stencil, and paint on my bedroom wall all these colored squiggle designs that i saw on a paper Dixie cup sitting in front of my pew during catholic mass. thanks parents!

2 comments:

  1. Joe - this is A-mazing! if you are selling or giving it away you can give it to me. I'll provide a good home for it... and use it every day and give it lots of love!

    Nate - you can't have it. I'll fight you for it!

    ReplyDelete